Extractions

A blog meant to represent, as most blogs do, extracts or excepts from day-to-day life.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday Happy Hour


I'm just winding down happy hour this Friday. It seems like the people I'd really love to do happy hour with today are out of town, so I decided to stay home and do it alone.

I had little finger sandwiches of homegrown tomatoes and lots of fresh garlic sliced paper thin, served on homemade bread. Yes, I'm baking again... My source for these wonderful little sandwiches? A movie I watched yesterday, Garlic is as Good as Ten Mothers, by Les Blank. It came out in the late 80s and has appearances by Ruth Reichl, before she was wildly famous, as well as Alice Waters, when she was just barely famous.

To drink I had (big surprise) a gin martini, stirred, served straight up. To garnish? Slices of garlic! I look forward to passing the night alone, remember, so I have no need to worry whether my breath smells overpoweringly of garlic.

4 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger suzette said...

i posted an unattractive blog today on myspace, and i thought to myself, man.. it's been a while since i've gotten a sean blog.

a hot dog and two cups of coffee later, i remembered that you had moved to this very pogi home.

so now, i've managed to become a bit envious of your hors d'oeuvres and get a bit caught up on your life.. not that it will ever trump coffee and smiles and conversation at jup.

glad to know your well. you and and your gin martinis.

*pogi - tagalog word for handsome.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger suzette said...

..and i love the fact that the image you chose to represent the film matches your blogsite.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger 'Clavdia' said...

Hello,
just wanted to say thanks for the lovely comment at my blog.

hooray for garlic and gin also (though I prefer my garlic with tomatoes and my gin with tonic).

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger peachy said...

I love the picture sounds like good movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home