Extractions

A blog meant to represent, as most blogs do, extracts or excepts from day-to-day life.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wednesday Dinner


Tonight for dinner I had "eggs in purgatory," one of my old favorites. Caramelized shallots, simple tomato sauce (unfortunatly I had to use dried thyme and marjoram because my herb garden is doing so poorly this year), basil (something from my garden that isn't doing so bad this year), fresh, local eggs from my favorite little produce shop, and toast from this morning's homemade bread.

I was finishing a gin martini and talking to a friend on the phone while prepping the shallots and sauce. I got off the phone and picked out the eggs--I grabbed the two biggest eggs from the flat. They were both twins. How special is that?

Two eggs, two yolks each. Two pieces of toast. I needed a second martini.

I know this picture isn't great. I'm no photographer, and I had to act quickly because my food was getting cold!

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger suzette said...

that looks amazing. i'm sadly salivating at my 17 inch computer screen. btw, are you ever going to post a picture of your china cabinet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home