Extractions

A blog meant to represent, as most blogs do, extracts or excepts from day-to-day life.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Born to be mild



I think I just found my home in cyberspace: www.dullmen.com. People who know me know that, despite all my good qualities, I'm pretty dull. I enjoy being dull, though. My favorite things in the world are grammar, metadata, analyzing funny things to figure out just why they're so "funny," and just about any solitary task that takes a loooonnng time and lots of patience to complete. Saturday morning radio is the highlight of my week. I'm never able to get through a movie in one sitting. I think the last time I and the people around me laughed really hard, I was making a joke about my university library's remote storage facility.

The Dull Men's Club is perfect for me. The club takes care not to get people too aroused. They focus on low-key entertainment, such as a study of airport baggage-claim carousels' direction of rotation. In an odd sort of way, that study reminds me of my own casual study of adjectives that end in -ly. I think I've found my niche.

1 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will have to tell me the remote storage joke. I worked there a couple of summers ago.

AP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home